Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Alice Margatroid DX Type by Ques Q

I originally planned to do a review of this figure as soon as I got it, but stuff happens. At least I did get around to doing it. The figure itself is the same as the regular version. The DX version comes with four extra dolls and a special box.

This is the front and back of the DX box. There's nothing covering the opening so it's basically a big hole in the box.

The side has the illustration the figure was based off of. It's not included on the normal box.

There's not much difference from the normal box and DX box. Both these boxes fit inside the DX box.

The right stack of boxes show how they would fit inside the DX box. The window from the normal box acts as a window for the DX box as well.


You can't really hide her bloomers.

Alice's hair looks like it has a tint of orange in it. I'm not really a fan of this, but it's no big deal.

The painting on the ribbons is a bit rough. Getting the bottom part of her dress to be placed so it looks proper at the waist is a bit frustrating too. I'll explain more about this in a bit.

 Her grimoire is what makes this figure stand out the most.

 The pages are printed on both sides.

 Impossibru leg.

These are the two dolls included with the regular figure. They're held up by plastic pegs that go up...their dress and secure themselves on Alice's dress.

 Bloomers.

You can remove her dress, but then she looks like this. Alice is held secure by only two pegs on her base.

Here's a close up of the two dolls. The lance is inserted through small holes in the doll's hands and another small hole in the bow of her apron. Putting it in is easy, but removing it is a struggle.

Alice can be taken apart to four pieces.

This is the fourth piece.


 Moving along, these are the dolls from the DX set. They all have their own individual stands (2 short, 2 long).

Makes me wish I had the extra dolls from Griffon Enterprises too.

This is my first figure from Ques Q and I'm a bit disappointed in it. The major flaws was the painting of the figure. You may not have noticed from my pictures, but there were several parts where it looked fugly. It's possible I may have gotten a bad apple. The dolls weren't that detailed either. The dolls from Griffon were considerably higher quality.

As for the skirt problem mentioned earlier, it has trouble staying in place. If nudged a bit it will move and show a gap between the bottom half and the ribbon acting as a belt. It's awfully hard to get it in that sweet spot and even more trouble to make it stay there.

The quality is below what I would have expected from the heavy price tag. Don't misunderstand, it's not "Wow, this is terrible." It's more of a "This is okay, but I was expecting better." Hopefully, Ques Q's Remilia and Nitori will be better because I'm really looking forward to them.

Service.
The bloomers don't close up completely either.

4 comments:

  1. >This is the fourth piece.

    So the bloomers are actually removable? Hrmhrmhrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. >You can't really hide her bloomers.

    You say this like it's a bad thing.

    I've heard similar things about Ques Q in other places. It's a shame because I like their poses and sculpts a lot better than Griffon in general. It's a strange day when Griffon's the one with the better QC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I was the only one with that "getting the skirt to stay in the right place" problem! It's annoying how if I nudge the figure on accident I have to spend five minutes getting the skirt balanced right all over again. Aside from that problem, I love the figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. Her skirt kept falling out of place the entire time I was taking pictures of her.

      Delete